martes, 4 de noviembre de 2014

English Expect Vs Wait

A) Please, _________ for me. I'll arrive soon.
B) I _________ that my dad will arrive soon.
C) They promised to _________ until we arrive.
D) Laura _________ to finish her homework soon.

INGLES Expect Vs Wait

ANSWERS

A) Please, WAIT for me. I'll arrive soon.
B) I EXPECT that my dad will arrive soon.
C) They promised to WAIT until we arrive.
D) Laura EXPECTS to finish her homework soon.

EXPLANATION

Expect:

You think that something will happen:
Piensas que algo sucederá.

  • Expect to do something: They expect to pass their exam.
    • Esperar hacer algo: Ellos esperan aprobar su examen.
  • Expect somebody/something to do something: We expect them to arrive soon.
    • Esperar que alguien o algo haga algo: Esperamos que ellos lleguen pronto.
  • Expect (that): I told my father that I've forgotten my keys. I expect (that) he'll be here within five minutes.
    • Esperar (que): Le dije a mi padre que había olvidado mis llaves. Espero que estará aquí dentro de cinco minutos.

Wait:

Stay in the same place until something hapens.
Estar en el mismo lugar hasta que algo suceda.

  • Wait for: Wait for me.
    • Esperar a: Espérame
  • Wait until: Please, wait until I finish this.
    • Esperar hasta: Por favor, espera hasta que termine esto.
  • Wait to do something: I'll have to wait to see the house finished.
    • Esperar para hacer algo: Tendré que esperar para ver la casa terminada.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario