Put each verb in brackets into a suitable verb form. All sentences refer to future
1) Listen! He ________________________ (play) the piano in a moment.
2) What time (your class start) ________________________ ?
3) I believe you (not have) ________________________ any problems with this exam.
4) If you don't read this book, you ________________________ (fail) the exam.
5) My plane ________________________ (leave) at 4.00
Explanation and extra examples
To make a prediction about what will happen in the distant future.
They will go to the university one day.
To make a promise
I will always be with you.
To make a sudden decision to do something
I will help with these bags.
Plans in the near future.
They are going to have a meeting within 10 minutes.
Something already decided
They are going to buy a house soon.
If you have the evidence that something is going to happen in the near future
Be careful!! You're going to have problems with it.
It's going to rain.
Something is already planned to do in the near future.
I'm meeting Tom tomorrow morning.
To talk about programmes and timetables
My train arrives tomorrow at 7:00
1) Listen! He is going to play / will be playing the piano in a moment.
2) What time does your class start?
3) I believe you won't have any problems with this exam.
4) If you don't read this book, you'll fail the exam.
5) My plane leaves at 4.00