martes, 10 de febrero de 2015

English - Adverbs of Frequency

Can you answer these questions?

How often do you study English?
How often do you play tennis?
How often do you drink water?
How often do you go to the doctor?
How often do you sing songs?
How often do you watch a film?
How often do you brush your teeth?
How often do you smoke?

  • Always
  • Usually
  • Often
  • Sometimes
  • Hardly
  • Rarely
  • Seldom
  • Hardly
  • Never
  • Daily
  • Regularly
  • Once a week
  • Twice a week
  • Every day
  • Every week

English - Adverbs of Frequency

Possible answers:

How often do you study English? I study English twice a week.
How often do you play tennis? I play tennis once a week.
How often do you drink water? I always drink water.
How often do you go to the doctor? I hardly ever go to the doctor.
How often do you sing songs? I never sing songs.
How often do you watch a film? I occasionally watch a film.
How often do you brush your teeth? I brush my teeth three times a day.
How often do you smoke? I never smoke.

Explanation

Subject + adverb + main verb.

Always (siempre)                They always go to the school on foot.
Usually (usualmente)         We usually speak about food.
Normally (normalmente)    My friends normally drink tea.
Often (a menudo)               My cousin often dances salsa.
Sometimes ( algunas veces)               His father sometimes works at home.
Occasionally (ocasionalmente)         Our brothers occasionally meet on Sundays.
Seldom (raramente)           I seldom watch tv.
Hardly ever / rarely (casi nunca / raramente)    My dog hardly ever eats bones
Never  (nunca) I never use a mobile phone.

Subject + to be + adverb

They are always at home
We are usually with Tom

Subject + modal verb + adverb

My friends can’t normally drink alcohol.
My cousin should often visit his parents.

Other options:

Have you ever been to New York?
I have never been to New York. = I haven’t ever been to New York.

Other adverbs:

Once (una vez) I go to the cinema once a week.
Twice (dos veces) She studies English twice a week.
Three times (tres veces) They eat fish three times a day.
Every (+ day / month / year / morning / Friday…) (cada) Where do you go every day?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario