domingo, 25 de enero de 2015

Some expressions with take - Inglés

Complete the following sentences with “take”:
A) He's too tired. He needs to__________.
B) If you go to the meeting, please__________ for me.
C) We're late. We've to __________.
D) Would you mind if I __________ at this picture?
E) I've been running for more than 1 hour. It's time to __________.

Help:
shower, notes, look, rest, taxi.

Some expressions
Take a shower: Tomar una ducha.
  • He took a shower before leaving.
Take a break: Tomar un descanso.
  • I studied too much. I've to take a break.
Take a change: Correr el riesgo, arriesgarse, tomar una/la oportunidad...
  • Take a change. Why don't you send your CV?
Take a class: Tener una clase.
  • I need to take this class before the exam.
Take a look (at): Echar una mirada (a).
  • Could you please take a look and tell me your opinion?
Take a nap: Echar un pequeño sueño.
  • To be honest, I need to take a nap. I'm really tired.
Take notes: Tomar notas.
  • Please take notes and email me them.
Take an exam/a test...: Hacer un examen.
  • I've to take an exam tomorrow.
Take a picture: Hacer una foto.
  • Could you please take a picture of us?
Take responsability for: Tomar responsabilidad de.
  • Their children need to take responsability for their actions.
Take a rest: Tener un descanso.
  • Before starting again, I need to take a rest.
Take a seat: Coger/tomar un sitio.
  • Please, take a seat. The manager will be with you within 5 minutes.T
Take a bus, taxi...: Coger un autobús, taxi...
  • She took a taxi to go there.
Take your time: Tomar(se) su tiempo.
  • There's no hurry to get back. Take your time.
Take someone's temperature: Tomar la temperatura de alguien.
  • You look sick. Let me take your temperature.

Some expressions with take - Inglés

ANSWERS
A) He's too tired. He needs to take a rest.
B) If you go to the meeting, please take notes for me.
C) We're late. We've to take a taxi.
D) Would you mind if I take a look at this picture?
E) I've been running for more than 1 hour. It's time to have a shower

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario